Monday, April 03, 2006

"This is gonna SUCK!"

The Hitmen had our first mini-camp of the season on Sunday, and while I was looking forward to the practice, I knew the weather wouldn't make it much fun. So in the car ride down there, Willy and I are talking about movies, when he blurts out - "This is gonna SUCK!".... and I knew exactly what he meant.

I love playing football in the rain. I HATE practicing in the rain. And rain it did. We made it through over half the practice before the downpour started. And just to f*ck with us, Mother Nature had it pour on us for a good fifteen minutes before any lightning came around.

But despite the shower, and the cold - it was a good workout. There were alot of new faces around, including six of us that want the quarterback job. One thing I found out after this practice is that I now throw better in the rain than I used to. All that work on the mechanics might have helped, but we use a slightly smaller ball, and that made alot of difference.

Well, at least after the first throw it made a difference. The first one went slightly end-over-end. But AFTER that, it got better.

One more mini-camp next weekend. MAYBE it'll stop raining by then.

1 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger Will said...

"This is gonna suck BALLZ!"

How could you forget the ballz?!?! Your like an 18 yr old chick giving head for the second time. You NEVER forget the ballz. Never.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home