Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Safety Tips

Almost a whole week away from my bitches....

Sorry 'bout that. But it's been a busy week, so without further ado, Know What I Mean has an edition of Safety Tips. And before you fire up your complaints in email form that I'm mailing it in for this post... well... you're half right. Some of the Safety Tips will be expanded in future posts, but lets get everyone up to speed before I start expounding my wisdom again.


  • The 'movie' is done. Well, done in the sense that the owners are going to take a look at it today or tomorrow and make suggestions. One owner has seen it, and hasn't said much - which to me is a good thing, cuz otherwise he would have already told me to make a bunch of changes. We've got it clocking in at a whopping 13 minutes and 57 seconds.
  • From one beast of a project to another. Now, before the party, I've got to make a DVD with sponsorship recognition. That's the easy part. The hard part is actually getting ahold of the sponsors to get an acceptable logo from them. They'll give away money or merchandise like there's no tomorrow, but getting them to send over a logo via email is like pulling teeth.
  • Did some landscape management on Friday. Hacked up the course pretty good. Bob, Will, Nort and I went out and hit the links on what was a gorgeous Friday afternoon. We did the Island Course over at Silver Spring CC, and I had a great time. My first time out for the season, and I'm pretty happy with how I played. My first tee shot was a rocket out of the tee box - more straight that any tee shot I've EVER hit in my life. Let's just say that it's not a good sign when the first shot of the year is that good... because it can only go down hill from there. But like I said, I thought I did okay, and even got a pitcher of beer out of Nort on the island hole.
  • The Brewers scored seven runs on Tuesday and came up short, and last night, scored four in both the seventh and eighth innings... and still came up short again. The loss drops the Crew to 7-7 for the season, which is one better than the f*ckin Yankees at this point.
  • Oh yeah, the Yankees have a 170 MILLION extra dollars in their payroll than the Brewers do.
  • The media is finally coming off of Brett Favre's nutz, and coming out and saying he needs to make a decision on next year already. I've said it before - enough is enough already - make up your damn mind Brett. We're not gonna win the Superbowl next year. But if you still have the desire, please do come back, we'd love to have you. If not, it's been a helluva ride.
  • And then there's Ted Thompson. Thompson might be the only guy on the planet that could walk into a strip joint with 1000 one dollar bills, and not give a single dollar out to one of the 'dancers'. We haven't even made a splash in free agency, despite having more money available than anyone. The few guys that are left, we aren't offering enough money for them to sign, despite having the cap space. Excuse me while I go bang my head against the wall.
  • Apparently, I'm a trend setter, and ahead of the curve. The mumps are now at an 'outbreak' stage here in Milwaukee. I had the mumps back in November, and I didn't get any press coverage. I'm kinda salty about that.
  • The WhiteHouse revolving job carousel keeps on trucking today. Scott McCllean, Bush's press secretary resigned today. He'll stay on the job until a new press secretary is announced. These press conferences the next few weeks could be entertaining. McCllean always had that look on his face like he despised the guys in the media room with him. You could almost see every time someone asked a question, a little thought bubble would rise over his head with; "You mutha fuc....... I already answered that, why you gotta bring up old shit for?"....... and then he'd remember what his job title was, and calmly answer the question. Now after all the shit he's been through with Bush, he knows there's a light at the end of the tunnel, and might actually enjoy the press conferences now.
  • I'll leave you with this interesting picture for the day..... on the left is a normal person standing next to a flag stick on a golf course.... on the right is Will standing next to a flag stick on a golf course. Anyone notice the difference? Click on 'em for a larger image.



1 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Will said...

Yea, I'm a lot fatter than the other guy. At least I got personality, right? Right? Anyone? Maybe not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home