Thursday, April 06, 2006

How To Make Me Insane

Take thirteen jumps at a conference meet. Over the course of the thirteen jumps, make two heights on your third/last attempt.

I know they weren't doing it on purpose, but they drove me crazy last night at the meet. Two of the girls did well with the jumps, and were clearing on first attempts, but they're girls, so their minds were all over the place, so that was fun trying to keep them in a good frame of mind.

The third girl finally bent the pole in practice yesterday, so this was her first meet like this. She started to put it together at the end, and I was very proud of her for that, cuz she didn't look so good in warmups.

She tied the school record ( which she already shares with three other girls ), and after this last meet, I fully expect her to break the record at the new meet.

Just so long as she doesn't take thirteen jumps to do it. I don't know that I can take that kinda stress all spring long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home