Saturday, August 04, 2007

Safety Tips

Dude, I know. It's been a while. A WHILE. Things here at Know What I Mean headquarters have been really busy lately. Sadly, I've been working ALOT ( too much, if you ask me ), and the few hours I get to be home, blogging just isn't at the top of the list for things to do.

I even haven't been playing that much of the PS3. That should tell you something right there.

But the old neurons are still firing, so here's somethings from the past few weeks.

***Before we get to the Safety Tips portion of the segment, Nick was kind enough to tag me with a task, so here goes. I don't usually do these kinds of things when the come in email form, but this is an excuse to add some content to the post tonight ;) I'm supposed to list eight random things about myself.

1- I never get headaches, or have nightmares. Getting clonked on the head doesn't count as a headache. I suppose I should amend the nightmare part to say I've never rememberd having a nightmare. Never have I had a dream where I've been scared in it. Most of my dreams are pretty kick ass, with a few thrown in that are NSFW to describe.

2- I have only thrown one interception in a game since June of 2005. Two people will find that amusing, while the rest of you won't care.

3- Despite playing football for the last eight years, the only concussion I've ever had in my life had nothing to do with the sport. It involved a door frame in high school.

4- The first 'real' time I ever flew in an airplane, wasn't until I was 25 years old. I flew when I was like 2, to Phoenix with the family, but I don't remember that, so it doesn't count.

5- Speaking of being 2, I didn't start speaking till after I was 2 years old. My parents had taken me to speech patholigists, and regluar doctors, but there was nothing wrong with me. I just didn't want to start talking till then.

6- I HATE water chestnuts. Pretty much anything else I can stomach. I might not like some things, but water chestnuts make me cringe.

7- For as athletic as I think I am, I have trouble diving headfirst into water.

8- I had a bad experience once, so now I can't slam a Miller Lite. I can chug a Corona or a Leinie's, but just not Miller Lite.

In the spirit of, well, I don't know what spirit there is in these things - I'm tagging Will and Nort to follow suit. ***



  • The knee got well enough to go out golfing a few weekends ago, and I broke my 4-iron. That was my favorite club, and no, I didn't do it in anger. The club head came flying off on the tee shot. That might have been the highlight of the round. I played TERRIBLE.

  • I posted before about some in the state of Wisconsin want to double our tax burden. I lied. They want to increase it from 1.9 billion dollars, to 17 billion dollars. 85% of that would be used for universal health care in the state. Anyone under 65 would be eligible, including illegal immigrants. This is why we here at Know What I Mean don't venture too far into the political ring. They can't run the DMV, and now they want to control my health care??? And it's a PAYROLL tax, which means that a company will pay $11,000 a year towards an employee that makes 100Gs, and only $2,750 towards someone making 25Gs a year. The 100G employee will pay $5,000 out of pocket, and the 25G employee will pay $1250. But both employees have the same plan, so how is that fair? I'm done with this for now, before it eats up the whole post. Ugh.

  • January 25th, 2008?

  • More politics that make me want to barf. Chicago is considering charging a "congestion fee" for anyone that drives in downtown Chicago. WTF???!?!? A congestion fee. I'm speechless. If a politician decides to try to impose a "breathing fee" on me before my time here on earf has passed, end me then. I don't know how much more bullshiat like this I can stomach.

  • I may have to wait till January, but my cousin Becky got her bundle of joy on August 1st. We here at Know What I Mean wish her and Joe the best, and we can't wait to see all three of you!

  • I know they're all over the internets, but the I can has cheezburger and lolcats crack me up.

  • The Brewers are throwing away their season faster than Britney, Lindsay, and Paris are throwing away their careers.

That's all for now. Our game got cancelled tonight, so it's off to the bar with the guys. The Packers scrimmage is on tonight, so call Nort every seven seconds to drive him nuts.

6 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger ptg said...

wait, wait, wait...you may have to wait till January??? Are you guys expecting??

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew I raised a great kid. I am with you on those damn water chestnuts. Ugh, even typing the words make me cringe.
Ditto on the good wishes to Becky, Joe and Issac! Oh - and Auntie Donna and Uncle Jeremy too! And Snoopy!

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I expect the cheezburger bubble to burst when everyone discovered that the whole "I can has" thing originated in an error.

 
At 4:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, having the origin of a meme being a mistake didn't stop All Your Base, Get a Brain Morans, etc.

Also, Monorail Cat uber alles.

-chris

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the good wishes... can't wait to see you and Robyn and the whole family in October!

 
At 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, best animal + caption pic ever== http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/290/theybestealinmybucketseij5.jpg

(well, the caption isn't anywhere near as awesome as the pic itself. In fact, I'm indifferent to the caption, such is the sheer awesomeness of the picture itself)

-chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home