Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Safety Tips

Long over due...
  • I may joke about getting old, but something has got me spooked. I used to be a night owl. Like, textbook night owl. Up till 2 am, no sweat. Sometimes I'd cheat, and nap from 11ish at night till 1 am, then stay up till 3 am, then go 'back' to sleep. It really didn't help when I was getting called out for work at God only knows what hours. But I'd been like that for as long as I could remember. And it wasn't just the staying up late. I'd sleep FOREVER. And I'd sleep in, no matter what time I'd go to bed. Fall asleep at 4am? I'd sleep till 3pm. If I zonked out at 9pm? I'd still sleep till 3pm the next day. And soundly too. Thunderstorms, alarm clocks, and even Nort sneaking out of the room in Vegas wouldn't wake me up. But something happened three weeks ago that I can't figure out. It all changed. I'm exhausted by 9 or 10 at night. And when I go to bed, I'm pretty much asleep right away. And the worst part... I'm usually up by 7 or 8 am..... without an alarm clock. I don't get it. It was a one day turn around. One Monday night, I went to bed at 8pm, cuz I was exhausted. I woke up at 6 the next morning, made some eggs, and that was it. Mine eyes are tired as I type this. Help me. I don't know what to do about this.
  • I guess the moral of the story is, 'be careful what you wish for'. I actually used to curse my insomnia, but now, I kinda miss it.
  • A few TV notes: Drew Carey sometimes looks completely natural as the new host of The Price Is Right, and other times, he looks frightfully terrible. I wonder what Barker acted like his first few weeks. ESPN is losing a great analyst in Parcells, and yet they keep Emmitt Smith on the air. It bothers me that they pay Smith to be on the air. He may be one of the 5 best runningbacks of all time, but he's not comfortable in front of a camera. And he can't speak competent English. "Blowed out" is a good phrase to keep repeating on national television. I can't believe they couldn't find someone better, star-power name be damned. And along the ESPN lines, I also hate that Skip Bayless and Woody Page get to collect checks from them. Bayless is a cartoon when he hosts the "Hot Seat", and Page is worthless on the morning shows. It makes me wanna barf that the people in charge of ESPN don't see how bad some of their 'talent' is. And can they tell Stephen A. Smith to stop yelling at me? I know I'm a NBA newbie when it comes to following the sport, but I haven't done anything wrong yet, so stop yelling.
  • And as much as I hate ESPN, they are right about one thing. This is the greatest week of the year, as it's Bowl Week. Love me some college football!
  • If I could skip the part where you have to work 80 hr weeks, often unpaid for a couple of years, then work 80 hour weeks at very terrible pay, and skip the part where I'd have to move 8 times in the next 15 years... I would SO be a college football coach right now.
  • "We are who we thought they were!!!" I need a lawyer type to solve a riddle for us. Why is it that in the Coors commercials with Parcells and Green, they've 'photoshopped' out the team logos from the shirts and hats? Coors is the official beer sponsor of the NFL. Samsung is the official TV manufacturer of the NFL, and yet they have team logos in their commercials... so why doesn't Coors? I can't figure that one out.

Okay, this has gone on long enough for tonight. Get off my lawn, I have to go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home