Monday, January 14, 2008

I Couldn't Make This Up

From the WauwatosaNow.com website...
Because of the heavy snow in December, Wauwatosa has used two-thirds of it's seasonal salt order.

The city plans to take steps to reduce usage and make it through the winter season. According to the Public Works Department, unless there is a large storm, the city salting crews will only salt at intersections on residential streets. The crews will not salt the entire length of the residential streets.

Residential streets will only be fully salted prior to a snowfall that requires city plows to clear the streets.

I don't know if I should laugh or be really pissed off. This is beyond ridiculous. I've bitched about how pathetic the city is at plowing and salting before, but I had no idea. They're worse than I thought. But looking back on it, it doesn't make any sense. They weren't out busting their humps to salt the streets in the first place... so where did all the salt go??? Other municipalities aren't having this crisis.

This is Wisconsin. It does snow here. At least they thought ahead and have a 'seasonal order'. I'm not a politician... but how 'bout ordering some more salt???

What will really crack you up, is that the city will fine me if I choose not to salt the sidewalk in front of my house. Asshats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home