Thursday, September 11, 2008

Never Forget

I know it's been a while since I posted. I've got saved in the drafts folder the longest installment of "Safety Tips"... and you'll get that soon enough.

But it's September 11th today, and anyone that knows me, knows I'm gonna talk about it today. Those that don't know me ( and there's prolly like maybe just one of you reading this now, cuz I haven't posted in forever ) - I can't NOT watch something about that day. But it's not like I have a personal connection... I didn't know anyone living in NY at the time. Heck, I don't even know someone that knows someone that died that day.

But I can't not watch.

And it just so happened that on this seventh anniversary of September 11th, 2001 - I had today off. Just like 2001. So this morning, I sat on the couch, and didn't blink for about three hours as I watched them play the coverage from that day.

Then I watched programs I'd never seen before that were played on the History Channel. And now I'm here to tell you that I did those things... because I have to. I don't know why I do... but I have to watch. So here's a clip you should watch. It's nothing graphic, and you may have seen it already. But it's the clip from the Late Show with David Letterman, which aired on the first day back of shooting the show after it went on hiatus after the attacks. It takes a second to buffer... but watch it. YOU have to watch it too.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home