Sunday, July 06, 2008

"Let the Alpine Blast...."

... cuz it's summertime.

My favorite time of year. No god damn snow, prime sports weather, long days, bar-b-ques, and to quote the song again, "the weather is hot, and the girls are dressin' less".

And yet there are places on this green earth that are like this year round. And I still live here. I ought to fix that.

But this summer is going by fast. Training a new employee sure eats up alot of time, and makes for fewer social activities - but work has been stretching things out a bit too. So since I can't decrease the amount of training time with the new employee - work might have to change. I've got an interview tomorrow with a company with a great reputation to work for... and a local sports team has an opening that I'm qualified for... so now I just hope for the chance to interview, and impress the ballcap off them.

Working for the boys of summer would most definitely increase my love of the season.

On another sports note, we're 4-0, thanks to a forfiet this holiday weekend. And while things might not have gone rather swimmingly for me in the game the week prior....well.... we're still 4-0. It's been a long time since I could say that.

So here's hoping everyone else (even you too Nort) is enjoying their summer. It'll snow soon enough Nort, so let me enjoy it while I can ;)

2 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger Nort said...

Hey, I got out golfing twice over the extended weekend and also made a trip down to Summerfest. It's not that I'm against summer, it's just that I can't stand when it gets as warm/humid as it did today.

4-0? How come your site says 3-0 with a bye week? http://www.wauwatosa-spartans.com/Site_6/Schedule.html

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Kuflax said...

The league counts the forfeit as a 7-0 win for us. We've played three games, so what ever the webbie wants to call it, it's just semantics at this point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home