Wednesday, August 31, 2005

So That's What It Looks Like.....

Finally got some playing time on Sunday, and saw the field from an angle other than the sideline. Got to run down on kickoffs, got 2 series in on defense at free safety, and played most of the 4th quarter at QB. Not a bad day's work. And it's hella more fun on the winning side. We won 28-0, and didn't have to punt the entire day.

Will got in the game before I did, and I thought he played really well. He recognized the pass/run very well, and had a pass deflection that resulted in an interception for one of our linebackers.

I had a tackle on the second kickoff coverage. I thought I hit the guy kinda hard, but he didn't crumple like I had hoped, so I hung on and tried to spin him to the ground, only to get cracked by my own guy trying to help. But it was fun to have the chance to actually hit someone, instead of being hit for a change.

At free safety, they never even had the chance to throw the ball, so that time was pretty uneventful.

At QB, I did get to throw the ball 3 times ( once was an audible that I called, and the other team got kinda pissed ). But I completed the 2 passes that coach called in, and we scored a TD on the drive. The second drive we just ran, and took a knee to end the game.

Good times all around. Next week we play at 6PM on Saturday evening. We face off against the Madison Seminoles, the only other undefeated team in the league. Plus, they're in our conference, so this will be a big one for us.

Bob took some photos, and a couple of them are up on the Hitmen Site, and I'll make sure to get some up here in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home