Monday, August 07, 2006

Too Much

If I hear that Gnarles Barkley song "Crazy" one more time on the radio, I'm going to have to punch a radio exec in the face.

I can't stand overplay on the radio. It just kills songs. You know, "Crazy" was a good song, the first 100 times I heard it. Now, I don't like it.

You know what was catchy the first 5 times I heard it? That "I get knocked down" drinking song. Now, makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little each time I hear it.

EVERY time I'm in the car, I hear that song. Enough already. I'm sure he has other songs - try one of those before you burn his career out on a one-hit wonder.

On a related note, I do believe there's a Will Ferrell movie out about him being a NASCAR driver... but for the life of me, I don't know what it's called. Maybe, if they advertised it a little, or did a few promo tie-ins... I might know more about it.

You know, like if he presented at the VMAs in character, or if ESPN did a thing at the ESPYs about it. Or maybe, they could run commercials every 4 minutes.

Fuck. Advertising and media can be a beautiful thing sometimes. Other times, it makes me want to punch someone in the face.

3 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Kat said...

"Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby" is the name of the Will Ferrell movie. "Drive it like you stole it Ricky Bobby"

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Collin said...

On 102.1, I think I've heard Smells Like Teen Spirit and Lithium like it was 1992 again. I've gotten over grunge being dead... enough already!

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Hoochie Mama said...

Will Ferrell has a new movie out? I didn't have a clue!

Don't punch me! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home