Thursday, September 22, 2005

The All Powerful

Two political posts in two days? I must have fallen on my head...

A few weeks ago, I posted about how nice it must be to be the President, and have all the power that comes with the position. It was a satirical post, because I talked about how people were blaming President Bush for 'causing' Hurricane Katrina. He's powerful, but he cannot control weather.

But there is a new accusation out there that has me rolling on the floor. This morning on CNN, they were talking to some 'authority' on what damage Hurricane Rita potentially could cause. They brought up the fact that almost 20% of the oil refineries are located in the projected path of Rita. I almost choked on my slice of cold pizza when I heard the following:

'It is totally irresponsible of this administration to allow this to happen. This administration should know better than to put oil refineries in the path of category five hurricanes. This administration is slowly destroying this country by allowing these disasters to happen.'

HOLD ON. Back the political stupid truck up. I have accepted the fact that the two political parties don't like each other. I understand that they will use various opportunities to show that the other party is weak, silly, and unable to perform their job.

But plu-eeeze. To say that this administrations put those refineries there on "purpose" is just plain stupid. I can't begin to describe the lack of logic in that thought process.

Now, I would have to think, to become a political pundit of note, you have to posses some intelligence. So when you make it big in the political advisory world, do you have to turn in your logic, intelligence, and common sense passports?

Last time I checked, the gov't didn't build those refineries. Last time I checked, those plants are in the Gulf Coast because that's where most of the oil comes from. Last time I checked, those plants have been there for a LONG time.

So with all the other things going on in this country, and around the world for that matter... WHY does this guy get to go on TV and say the stupid, baseless things that he did? Someone please explain this to me.

This is the biggest reason I don't jump off the recliner to discuss politics. People get so blinded by their views, and get such a narrowminded outlook, that often times, discussion is not an option. So if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go bang my head against the wall to make myself feel better.

1 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger Nick said...

It gets even worse when you consider that an oil refinery hasn't been built in this country since 1978. So not only is refining capacity maxed out... but we actually import 10% of our GASOLINE from other countries because we can't refine enough of it ourselves.

And people wonder why gas prices are so high.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home