Monday, September 19, 2005

The End Is Nigh

I just realized that the end of the world is coming soon. I came across this realization when I said the following sentence to Nort in regards to fantasy football:

"You know, if I would have started Freddy 'the Groin' Taylor instead of Jamal Lewis, I would have had a chance to beat you this week."

So it's mostly bad football news this week. The good news is that the Muskego Hitmen won their sixth game in a row, beating a tough Soldiers team. We have an ease in the schedule now for a couple of weeks, which should give us a chance to load up for the playoff run. Plus, my uniform will be getting pretty dirty the next couple of weeks, so I'm excited.

But that excitement isn't carrying over to the fantasy football world. Nort squeaked ahead during the Sunday night game, and I got clobbered yet again in the BNS league. I couldn't do this bad in fantasy football this past week if I tried.

Speaking of which - Nort didn't do that hot in the Pick-em league, where you pick the game with a spread included. I won the week last week with nine right, and with two games to go tonight I'm in second with six. Will's brother had a really good week to give him the overall lead.

And then there's Nort. Nort only had 5 right the first week, and with 2 games to go this week, he's sitting on a big fat TWO. As he said about it; "I couldn't pick only 2 right if I tried!". Here's the best part - Triple D didn't even make ANY picks this week, and at the moment, he's TIED with Nort for last place.

Next time we go to Vegas, we have to keep Nort out of the Sports Book for the sake of his pocketbook. ( not that the blackjack tables are any more kind to the wallet..... DALIBORRRRRRR!!!)

1 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger Will said...

Dalibooooooooorrrr!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home