Saturday, September 17, 2005

We All Know How I Feel About TV

But OH MY GOD.

Here's an article about a guy who breaks the
World Couch Potato Record. Basically, he sat on a leather couch and watched TV for 12 minutes shy of SEVENTY hours. The old record was just over 50 hours.

He was allowed a 5 min break every hour, and every 8 hours was allowed a 15 min break. This was all part of a gimmick on "Live With Regis and Kelly", so he sat in a room that faced the street, and had a window for a wall. He could not look at the people outside, but had to stare at the TV the whole time. And the TV had nothing but ABC on the WHOLE time.

So I guess it's safe to say that he didn't get to watch anything in Hi-Def then. ( See previous posts if you don't get that joke. )

On a side note - the UTEP - Houston game on ESPN2 was broadcast in HiDef tonight. Those musta been the cameras that were supposed to go to Columbus, Ohio.

So I have SEVERAL questions here. First off, how do you stay awake for 70+ hours? Cuz you know it's not like he rolled out of bed and went straight to the couch. He had to wake up, get ready to go do his gig, prolly do an interview with Regis, and THEN hop on the couch.

But how do you stay awake for 70+ hours while watching television? Unless it's a sports game, something about 9/11, or a really damn good movie, TV usually makes me drowsy. Especially if I'm sitting still. I fall asleep in front of the TV more than I care to admit. And plus.... he HAD TO WATCH ABC!!!! So you know, in addition to not having any HiDef entertainment for him, it was ALL CRAP that he was watching! How do you stay interested for that long with out wanting to shove a very sharp object through your eyeballs just to entertain yourself???

Although, this is the same guy who broke the world record for standing on ONE leg for almost 77 hours, and once went bowling for 100 hours. I don't even want to get started on the questions I have for those events, especially the bowling. That's over FOUR days!!! I stayed up over a couple of days a few times before, and it's tough. An early post here detailed how I went a couple days without sleep, and I thought I might pass out at the end. Bowling for 4 days??? I just felt like I had an aneurysm just thinking about it.

Although the best line in the article talks about why he does all these things, ( all 16 world records ) to 'raise awareness of suffering children'. And alot of awareness he is bringing to them... cuz you KNOW he gets asked this every time he does something;

Reporter: "Why on God's green earth would you do something so ridiculously f*cking stupid like this?"

Suresh Joachim: "To raise awareness of suffering children."

Reporter: "Uhhhhhhhhhh. Okay."

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go to bed. WITHOUT the TV on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home