Monday, January 16, 2006

In the Time It Takes You...

To read some of this post, some kid could solve a Rubik's Cube.

A new world record was set in 11.13 seconds. That's eleven seconds, to unscramble a Rubik's Cube that was scrambled by a computer algorithm.

That's f'in ridiculous.

I can sit through a physics lecture, and wrap my brain around most of it. But I cannot solve a Rubik's cube in under 11 seconds - let alone eleven minutes, or maybe even eleven hours. How do you figure out that you're good at that? And what application are these kids going to have with that part of their brain? Shouldn't the CIA or somebody be getting their hands on these kids?

The best part about it though? When they finish the puzzle, they throw the Cube down on to a rubber pressure mat, which senses the impact, and stops the timer. I'm picturing a bunch of nerdy kids 'spiking' the Cube on the floor before going into some pre-planned endzone celebration. High comedy right there.

1 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger ptg said...

I have never solved a Rubik's cube and I probably never will. I guess this means I'm safe from being recruited from the CIA, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home