Monday, March 06, 2006

If Not For One Woman

On this snowy Monday, Know What I Mean would like to take the time to pay homage to the person made all of this possible.

I speak not of myself, but the wonderful woman that put me on this here earf. Know What I Mean wishes my Mom a happy birthday today. I sure as heck don't tell her I love her as much as I should, so what better way to start making up for that, than by saying it here, where the masses can hear me say it?

Any woman that gave rise to me, has to be someone special. She prolly got more than she bargained for with two boys, especially one that wanted to be a pole vaulter in high school and college, and one that still plays football, even though he doesn't get paid for it. She always lovingly thought I was gonna get hurt, but in awesome motherly fashion, never said I couldn't do anything, and supported me along the way.

And on top of that, she raised my brother, Fuzz, and well, that is for SURE way more than she bargained for as a parent.

But she did it all with no complaints, and I'm proud to be her son, and call her "Mom".

I love you MomWoman. Happy Birthday.

3 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww...... and I thought I cried pretty hard watching the movie "Rudy" today. Your words are the "best Birthday gift ever" and I LOVE YOU too. Thanks for being the wonderful man you are, and thanks too, for not doing pole vaulting anymore. We might not be in the back yard swinging a big red plastic bat, or trick or treating in a Kermit costume together anymore, but you are always in my heart.
I am one lucky MomWoman, and I love you with all my heart. (FUZZ too!)
P.S. I am not computer literate enough to attach the Kermit or Batman/Robin costume pictures. If I figure it out I will be glad to attach for the whole world to see!

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Party Girl said...

ah, very nice!

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Nort said...

A belated Happy Birthday m.o.m.

By the way, if you need any technical support in scanning and attaching the Kermit and Batman/Robin pictures, I'm pretty sure I know a couple people who would be more than willing to help out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home