Wednesday, May 17, 2006

They Have To Do WHAT???

In a pressure packed situation last night, my pole vaulters pulled through.

We had won the indoor meet by a VERY large margin, and won the relay meet by a more than comfortable margin.

With 15 of 16 events completed, we were trailing by 2 points. Guess which event wasn't complete at that point?

Yeah. No pressure or anything on my kids. Or me. My vaulters haven't really ever mattered in the case of an outcome of the meet. Now, the triple crown rested on their shoulders. Like I wasn't nervous enough as it was.

But while we didn't set any records... they did well enough to get us a victory for the team. They snagged 5.5 points in the vault when it was all over with. My blood pressure still hasn't returned to normal.

Next up, regionals.

1 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All Right! Wish I could have seen it. But, then again, you know how nervous Mom gets!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home