Wednesday, August 31, 2005

First ESPN, now MTV??

Okay, last post for the night, and this will be a short post.

Since when did MTV become gay? When I got home this afternoon, I was flipping through the channels, and "Room Raiders" was on, except, this was a guy going through 3 rooms... of other guys.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

But then this evening, there was an episode of "Date My Mom", where 'contestants' take out the prospective date's Mom, and then choose who to date based on that, before ever meeting the date. Well, this one was a guy going on 3 dates with each Mom. Each mom had a gay son, and the lines they had the mom's say were quite over the top.

Now, I've always said you can shop on either side of the aisle, and it doesn't matter to me, but I wonder if anyone had a problem with the way things were portrayed on these shows. I didn't watch for very long, but I can't say they took any effort to portray the gay community in a good light.

But like ESPN, they're top dog, and figure they can do what ever they want. Since they own VH1 now, we really have no alternative.

1 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Will said...

Here's the crazy thing: it's a popular station. Just like with ESPN you, me, and every other ballsack with a remote is tuning in SportsCenter for lack of an alternative. But all the stations see are ratings numbers, so they think they are doing something right. MTV still gets good ratings even though 99% of their programming sucks donkey balls.

Do yourself a favor and checkout TNT: Wanted, The Closer; and FX: Rescue Me. Probably the best shows on basic cable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home