Monday, November 28, 2005

First Pink Shirts - Now This????

Silly me - all I did in college was drink beer, run track, and go to class (everyonce and awhile).

Save for a few sporting events, there was never a time that the guys would huddle around the TV for a show. We'd be clustered around the TV if there were video games and beer involved... but that was about the extent of it.

But apparently I'm missing out on the new 'fad'. The new rage is for guys to get together, turn off their cellphones, and huddle up around a TV while "Laguna Beach" and the "O.C." are on.

Yes, I said guys. Don't believe me? Here you go.

They even walk around announcing what "Team" they're on, based on which characters they like from the show. How sad is this? And it's not isolated to one campus. This is happening at Marquette, UW Madison, Whitewater, and even UWM.

Where did we go wrong in raising the youth of today? Is it too late? Can we save guys like this? Where would we start? I fear that if we don't find something manly for them to do real soon, we may not be able to save them at all. This is so sad, I don't even know what to do about it.

The demise of society inches closer everyday. And now with dudes watching those shows in that manner.... we're powerless to stop it. Woe is us.

2 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Said the guy who watched Sex and the City every Sunday...

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Kuflax said...

First off... shame on you for posting anonymously.... there's only ONE person that could have posted that comment.... which means you were watching too....

Second off... I didn't enjoy the show, but sat through it for the pursuit of some tail... and there's A BIG difference (because eventually I told her that's why I would go, and it all worked out in the end).

Third- Betsy always had food and beer.

But you're a good friend, so we'll leave your post 'anonymous' for now ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home