Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Global Warming?????

It's been very well documented on here that I have a great dislike for winter and snow. So you can imagine how happy I was to see the forecast for Tuesday night and Wednesday here in Milwaukee.

One weatherman went as far as to say, "We're probably looking at only four to six inches of snow." Only 4-6. Ha ha. We just got done with a few days of consecutive snowfalls, so I guess I shouldn't complain when I was allowed a whole two days of NOT having to shovel.

It's a good thing the MKEOnline Blog of the Year poll ends on Wednesday night, so that I have something to look forward to after digging myself out for like the 15th time already this winter.

That wasn't too obvious and shameless of a plug was it??

Yes, someday I will move somewhere warm. But until then, I get to vent about it here. And I do understand that some people like the cold weather (Nort, and my father), but what I can't ever figure out, is why people lived up here in the old days. Like the Civil War time. When there wasn't such a thing as insulation, or down jackets, or cars with heaters in them. How did they do it? Not even from a survival standpoint, but how after one winter, did they all just not pack up and move south?

Even SkyDork, who was a Chicago resident his whole life, said to me when he moved to Florida, "Matt, you're a sucker if you stay there. It's 73 degrees, and me and the wife just finished drinks on the beach. Have fun shoveling!!". I still think he's an idiot for being a Bears fan, but I think he might be on to something with the weather thing. At the very least, I'm going to be one of those old people that moves south for the winter. Unless I can win a lottery before then. But until then, I'd be happy to win the Blog of the Year contest, which ends Wednesday night.....

Oops... sorry, that one slipped out.... no.... really.... that plug wasn't supposed to be outloud. Sorry bout that.

3 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger ALRO said...

Tell ya what !! When i win my millions, you can be my partner in a Internet Gaming Cafe owner in Ixtapa Mexico!

But I'll only hire ya if you can drink as much DosXXX as me.. :)

 
At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to let you know your M.O.M. woman voted for you. Good luck, hope you win, but you're always special no matter what. Awwwww....love ya.
PS I am still checking the times you are posting, and you are still staying up too late!!!!!!!!

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Kuflax said...

Alshrim....

Ummmmmm.... dude.

I'm from Wisconsin. I've had a little bit of practice.

I know you're from Canada (and for now, I won't make fun of your accent), but here in the States, Wisconsin is known for a few things.

Beer drinking is pretty high on the list of things that people think of when it comes to Wisconsin, especially those of us that live in the Milwaukee area.

DosXXX ain't bad, but if you ever have the chance, try just about any beer from the Leinkeugel family. They even have an Apple Cider beer, which a friend of mine accuratly stated, "Tastes like apple pie in a bottle". Mmmmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home