Saturday, December 03, 2005

What Day Is It?

Longest.

Banquet.

Ever.

The league has made some great strides in the past decade. From a form of sandlot football, to games on TV is quite an accomplishment. I'm very happy in this league, don't get me wrong. But seriously, how long was that 'highlight video'?

But in the end, we walked away with some hardware. Aside from Jason, Brandon and Butter being All-Stars, Bush won Ironman of the Year (despite being thrown out of a game this year), Coach B won Coach of the Year, and Huck won Co-MVP. Not a bad day's take.

Kinda actually makes me want to go workout tomorrow. Stop laughing. I'm serious. I haven't been this excited about getting ready for next season.... well, ever.

Maybe next year, we'll have an MC for the banquet to kinda speed things along.

4 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger Will said...

That's what I was thinking - a mc would have been great. That Butch guy is just plain nuts. The joke at my table was that he mentions his "35 years in professional football" every fuckin' chance he gets -- what an ass?!

Don't be surprised if I don't have plans already for next year's banquet... not like I didn't have plans last night or anything.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Kuflax said...

The funny thing is, "Pudge", actually makes fun of Arnie for being old and senile. Yet, if you knew Arnie better, you'd swear that him and Pudge were seperated at birth. All they talk about every five min is their 35 year 'histories', and how their name is so great in the community, but then when push comes to shove... they don't actually do any work.

I hope that's not what happens to us when we get old.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Party Girl said...

so, no beer then? Cause, beer can always make everything go faster and be that much more entertaining.

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger MrHinge said...

Beer and strippers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home