Sunday, January 01, 2006

Half a Holiday?

So how many of you have to work on Monday? Anybody? Or just me?

Do a lot of people get Monday off because the holiday fell on the weekend? At best, I'm guessing that at least half the population has to go to work Monday. Now Friday however, I'm thinking that 75% of the country had to work on Friday.

Here's what I don't get - why in the heck would you schedule any college football bowl games for this past Friday, and this Monday.... during the day????

On Friday the 30th, the Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl (don't even get me started on the names of the bowls) kicked off at 11AM in Nashville, TN. The stadium didn't even look like it was one third full. Who planned that one?

On the same day, the Sun Bowl in El Paso, TX kicked off at 1pm the same day. At least that stadium looked half full.

This Monday, there are several big bowls going on. Usually these games are played on New Years Day, but because it fell on a Sunday, the all-mighty NFL took command, and pushed the games back. The New Years Day games are supposed to be a bigger deal than the other bowls, because the idea is that everyone has off, and is available to watch them.

Outback Bowl (Iowa vs Florida) - 11am Monday.
Cotton Bowl (Alabama vs Texas Tech) - Noon Monday
Gator Bowl (Virginia Tech vs Louisville) - 12:30pm Monday.
Capital One Bowl (Wisconsin vs Auburn) - Noon Monday.
Fiesta Bowl (Notre Dame vs Ohio State) a friggin BCS bowl!!! 3:30pm Monday.

Those folks over at VisaNet better get their sh*t together Monday morning, because if I get stuck in the office with that damn problem past noon, I'm going to get a little cranky. This wouldn't be a problem if the networks and the people in charge of putting bowls together had thought things through and planned the games for when EVERYBODY would be home, like a regular New Years.

They already move two games off the 'traditional' New Years Day to keep primetime slots for the games - so why not do that when NYD falls on a Sunday? When I run this place, conflicts like this won't happen.

Of course, when I run this place, Wisconsin won't have to play Auburn in a bowl game either. Wisconsin is going to get taken out behind the woodshed on this one. It might be better that I might miss this game. I hope they at least had fun on the tour at Disneyland, because it's not going to be any fun during the game.

5 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Nick said...

Huh... that's funny... because I got Friday AND Monday off.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Hoochie Mama said...

I got Monday off!

Happy New Year!!!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Kuflax said...

Asshats.

;)

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Party Girl said...

I know I so suck, but I've had the last 2 weeks off and I have 3 days off this week. Yeah, I know.
Wanna be my daddy and live in my world?

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Kiki said...

I had to work yesterday too. Those A-holes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home