Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Say Whaaaa?

I was one of the many people that fell asleep last night after hearing all the miners were found alive. I had the TV on in the bedroom, and saw the "Breaking News" as the local station said 12 miners were found alive. Then, this morning on the way into work, I heard the soundbite of the lady saying she was going to "sue them" over the news of the deaths.

I don't think I've ever been so confused as those three minutes. Finally, when I got to work, I was able to look up what happened. I cannot possibly imagine the rollercoaster of emotion those families went through last night.

But can you really sue for the widespread mis-information? That's what she wanted to sue for, but I don't see how that can work. I'm sure she could sue for the actual death of her family member, but for a wrongful report? Any lawyerly type people out there know about this kinda thing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home