Tuesday, May 23, 2006

"It's A Celebration, Bitches!"



We had our regional track meet yesterday. For those out of towners, or those that never paid attention to track and field - the state qualifying in Wisconsin goes through two meets. You're allowed to bring 28 athletes ( not including one relay team for each relay event ) to the regional meet. From there, the top four in every event qualify for the sectional meet. The top three at sectionals automatically qualify for the state meet. I won't get into provisional qualifiers, but that is a possibility.

So needless to say, I was a nervous nelly yesterday. But they finally came through and had a good day, with two girls setting personal bests, and one girl finally beating the school record by nine inches. Not a bad day.

So I did my little celebration dance last night - and now it's back to getting ready for the sectional meet on Thursday. A good birthday gift on Thursday would be for the one vaulter that qualified to make it through to state, but it's gonna take another foot higher for that to maybe happen. But we've got 2 days to work on it.

*wipes sweat from forehead*

On a related celebration note, the Mavs beat the Spurs last night in overtime, to win game seven, and the series. I almost jinxed it for Willy, as I called him with 7 min to go in the game, when Dallas was up 9 points. I haven't heard from him since, so I hope his heart held up last night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home