Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Mutually Assured Destruction

The gov't will tell you ( the same gov't that can't correctly plow the streets ) that they have nuclear weapons, "just in case". You know, we don't ever want to use them, but we have them if we ever need to use them.

Well, I finally got my weapon against mother nature. It's a beast, and I hope that I never have to use it, but I have it, 'just in case'. My parent's neighbor moved away to somewhere warm, and I am now the proud owner of a monster 46.5hp snowblower.

Even in first gear, this thing moves. It literally pulls you along. Okay, maybe the nuclear tie-in was a bit much, but here's hoping that this works like the umbrella theory... if it looks like rain and you bring an umbrella, it doesn't rain. So here's hoping after this morning, now that I have a snowblower, it won't snow anymore.

Yeah right. Nort might die if it didn't snow this winter. And I don't want to be responsible for that. Click here for an oldie showing Nort's appreciation for the winter. Someday I'll move somewhere warm.

Along the destruction theme, my snowman army put up a good fight, but they're losing to of all things... the wintery conditions. They're freakin' snowmen, and they're holding up about as well as Napoleon's army did marching into Russia. Here they are before I went to bed last night. I would show you a picture of them this morning, but it just looks like I have the most uneven yard on the block, as the snow has covered most of them up to their heads.

The ultimate camouflage I guess.

2 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger Nort said...

A 46.5 horsepower snowblower? You'd better check that again. The largest one I can find at Home Depot is 11.

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Kuflax said...

Not 46.5? ;)

Okay, maybe eight.

What the fark are you doing looking for snowblowers?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home