Thursday, December 15, 2005

Even A Blind Monkey...

I was quite surprised today to see the results of the MKEOnline poll, as I have won the Blog of the Year award. Thanks to all that voted!

It's cliche to say it was an honor to be nominated, and to make it that far - but that is what I took out of this. I have said before that I enjoy writing this much more than I ever imagined I would, and from a personal standpoint, I'm enjoying it. The fact that a few other people actually take the time to read the stuff I write (the good, the bad, and the downright crap that I come up with) makes it quite fun to use this medium.

But there are people out there that take Blogging far more serious than I do, and as I said, I'm quite surprised to have won. I have enjoyed reading the blogs I've been up against, especially the other two finalists. Both Folkbum, and RedhairedGirl would have made excellent choices as winners.

Thanks again - now I'll just have to come up with a way to share the winnings. I'm thinking a party might be in order too... how's Vegas in March sound?

4 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger Hoochie Mama said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you especially if you are taking me to Vegas! LOL! Really, that's great!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Party Girl said...

What has two thumbs and is a rock star?
You are!

Vegas in March? It's not nice to tease a girl.

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think that the next time in Vegas you might be able to stay awake more than 50% of the time???

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh.....Vegas....

That would, as Nort put above, require you to stay awake. Or maybe not, as we could leave your ass in the room and go party. ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home