Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I Love My Friends

Here's a recap of a phone conversation I had this morning with a friend:

CL: "Hello?"

Me: "Oh, I'm sorry, I was just going to leave you a message, since I thought you'd be teaching right now."

CL: "No, it's okay, we're having a basketball tournament here at the school today, and the kids are getting a snack between the games, so I have a second.... what's up?"

Me: "Awwwwww! That's so great for you!! You finally get to play basketball against people your own size!!! You get to find out what it feels like to be competitive in a basketball game, and not have every shot of yours rejected into the third row of seats!! Did you lower the hoop to seven feet so you can dunk on the kids??"

CL: "..............."

Me: "Don't tell me by your silence that you're losing to the kids now."

CL: ".............."

Me: "Dude, if you don't say anything, I'm gonna tell everyone you lost to a bunch of 3rd graders!"

CL: "Har har. What did you want?"

At that point, the conversation became unimportant for blogging purposes. This conversation is funny if you know who Chris is. He is not 'short' by national standards, I mean he's not like a midget or anything - but he's the short one in the group of friends. With all of us over six feet tall ( and me around 6'3" ) - Chris and his towering 5'9" ( he says 5'11" - but that's only if he's wearing heels ) is indeed my 'short' friend.

Chris is also a phy-ed teacher at the elementary level - so it never gets old when I remind him that he hangs around people his own height all day. I crack myself up. Of course, those of you that don't know him won't find this as funny, but there should be a handful of you that get the joke.

On a serious note, Chris just recently got engaged, and Know What I Mean would like to send out our best wishes to him and the bride to be. Chris and I got to know each other in a relatively short time period as colleagues on a coaching staff ( although, the way he acted the first week on the job is a whole 'nother post in and of itself ), and he's been a great friend of mine ever since. It's great to see a good guy like Chris find happiness, even though he knows he'll never get any taller.

9 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger Nort said...

I'm not one to say something, but no way is he 5'9".

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Kuflax said...

Two of the better comments I've gotten....

I may just have to do that Will....

The BNS seems like a good place for it.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger ptg said...

I'm 5'10" and there's no way he's 5'9". Maybe 5'7"....he's just barely taller than Mike!

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Kuflax said...

HAHA!
I think this is becoming my favourite post!!

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Nort said...

When did you become British??

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Will said...

Favourite? Ha. Moran.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Kuflax said...

HA! That is pretty funny.... I didn't even notice that I did that. I wonder how many other times here at work I type it like that.

 
At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are all a bunch of punks!! I am @ least 5'9" and proud of it. It's not my fault we had a short mail man! As far as my girlie ass, I'm proud of that too! You guys need to stop lookin' at things to make fun of me for and just accept the fact that I am cuter than all of you. That's why my fiance' wants to marry me. It's got to be something in the pants (hopefully)!! Maybe we should remind our viewers that Mr. Kuflax has a wonderful imagination and can't stop looking at Mr. L's future wife's boobies. HA!!!!!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Will said...

It has to be in the pants, cause you have nothing else to offer -- good job? No. Money? No. Personality? No. Height? No.

It's like your parents made a bet with God...


...and lost.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home