Sunday, October 30, 2005

Upset Saturday

The Madison Seminoles pulled off the upset on Saturday, defeating the Muskego Hitmen 22-0 in the National Conference title match. Not to take anything away from the Seminoles, as they did play a good game, but we didn't play that well at all. We moved the ball on the first drive, taking up almost the whole first quarter ( the game is played with a rolling clock ), and after a redzone turnover, we just couldn't get anything going again.

They had a couple of deep passes when it counted, and our defense didn't pressure the qb into any mistakes, an uncharacteristic day for the defense.

Despite the bad taste left in my mouth over this last game, I can't explain how happy I am with the team. I have found a new home, and it feels great. The guys on the team are awesome, and if we can get most everyone back, there's no reason why we can't compete for the title next year. I'm excited about being a bigger factor in the title chase next year, and CAN'T wait for training camp to open.

Willy said it best after the game, that the team welcomed myself, Willy, Miick, and Lueck on the team, despite not knowing anything about us. I can't thank them enough for giving me a second chance at a football life. I've never looked forward to the next training camp before. Anyone want to go throw around for a while?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home