Thursday, February 02, 2006

Carnival of the Badger XXIV

With SuperBowl XL right around the corner, I give to you the Carnival of the Badger XXIV. In SuperBowl XXIV, the 49ers throttled the Broncos 55-10. Like Joe Montana, I will now lead you through the SuperBowl experience that was the week in Wisconsin.

No SuperBowl party is complete with out the appropriate refreshments, so while we kick back with our beer, Learning Blue is supplying the pizza. Although I don't think Pizza Hut delivers the kinds of pizza they're talking about.

And with the game being in Detroit, there probably aren't as many people out tailgating before the game as usual. There's so many people here today, so we'll bust out the grill, but Happy Circumstance brings to our attention two people that we are NOT letting anywhere near our grill this year. Hell, I'm not letting them on the block, let alone near the grill.

And of course you can't go to a party without a good party shirt. Wigderson's Library & Pub has some available for everyone to wear.

So grab a seat everyone, the game is gonna start in a little while. Someone needs to sit down next to From Where I Sit, and explain to him who to root for.

Before the game, the networks like to interview people about the 'ins-and-outs' of the game. I think they stole the idea from Subject to Change.

Although, if I hear one more athlete "Thank God for winning" in an interview, I might throw up in my mouth. Folkbum, however, might be a little more interested in what the athletes have to say about God though.

We're sad to continue for only one reason at this point. Now that the game has started, we're forced to listen to John Madden. John is most famous for his fear of flying, and his ownership of a large bus. Rammin' & Jammin' need not call John for a ride when he follows Gov. Doyle around.

"Boom!" - PSA - If you're playing a drinking game where you have to drink everytime Madden says "BOOM!", please stop now. If you don't you'll be dead by 5:35 left in the second quarter. Thanks.

Although that catch phrase has made Madden alot of money over the years. Milwaukee's Layton Park Blogger has a few other slogans, but I'm gonna take a guess that they won't be as successful.

A highlight of every SuperBowl broadcast is the commercials, and there's no exception here at the Carnival showing of the game. Subject to Change gives us a look at some groundhog footage that had me rolling on the floor.

At every party, there's "That Guy" that can't go anywhere with out talking about his job. Thoughtful Conservative found "That Guy", but with a twist. The twist is that he gets everyone else to talk about his job.

The Rolling Stones are doing the halftime show, but you know what would make a great halftime show? Well..... yes, that would make a good halftime show, but we have to keep it clean for the kiddies. I was thinking Jesse Jackson could provide some good halftime entertainment, especially if he sounded like he did over at Fraley's Daily Takes. Not quite 'Green Eggs and Ham', but good none the less.

Coming back from halftime, they always ask the coaches the softball questions. "What kind of adjustments are you going to make?", and the coaches always give you an answer without really answering the question. Now, if they asked questions like the Spring City Chronicle, that would make for some interesting television.

Along the lines of halftime adjustment, coaches never tend to stray very far away from the gameplan they spent alot of time writing out. Right Off the Shore would like to see that line of thinking extended to something else that was carefully scripted out.

And it took until the second half, but we've had our first blown call by the officials. That's all the NFL needs now, is a chance for one team to say they got screwed out of winning. Real Debate Wisconsin has seen that first hand, and he says it sucks.

And the fans are sure letting the officials know about it, especially way up in the cheap seats. But Frank Lasee says that's their right to bitch about it, since they paid their money.

Fortunately for the NFL, they have instant replay, and can get things right before there even APPEARS to be an air of impropriety going on. Badger Blues points out that our Governor isn't having such luck right now.

And speaking of Gov. Doyle, now there's a guy that should wear a helmet out in public. The NFL keeps a tight lid on their players ( no pun intended ), requiring them to wear helmets on the field at all times, to avoid individual attention. Although, I don't think we'd find one big enough for him. What a bulbous mellon that guy has!! He's got an even bigger forehead than Poohbear does!!! ( I apologize, only like 4 people might get that joke, but it was too good to pass up ) Badger Blogger mentions a whole bunch of reasons why he's glad he's not Gov. Doyle this week, and having a noggin the size of the city of Verona isn't on his list. But it should be.

The game draws to a close, and we hear all about what just happened. It seems that people can gather quite a crowd when they have something to say during post game interviews. Bob from Madison.com sure knows that. And it's always interesting, because even if someone hears the same thing, they might interpret it just a little differently, as Letters In Bottles/The Island Pundit shows us.

I hope everyone had a good time at the Carnival Superbowl Party. I hope we didn't leave anybody out in the cold, watching the game through the window. Although, I do have a big screen TV, so the view probably isn't too bad from out there.

But whew. I'm exhausted. We gave it our all out there, and left it all on the screen. I'd like to thank my teammates for helping me out with this, I couldn't have done it without them. You know, you just take it one post at a time. I'm glad I did this, but you know, just to be here was an honor. I give the other blogs that aren't in a Carnival credit, they do a hellvua job, we were just fortunate to come away with a win today. We played as a team today, and I'm just glad I could help the team. Should I keep going with the cliches?

Next week, Widgerson's Library has the honor of hosting. You can also go here for more information about the Carnival of the Badger.I hope I fared well as a Carnie virgin, it was alot of work, but it was fun. I'll take some recovery time, and unless everyone hated it, I'll offer to host again, it was fun.

6 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Blogger grumps said...

Wow, nice job for your first time. When are you going to give us a tip on who will win the game?

 
At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like scoring a touchdown on the first play of the game.

Very nice work.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Huck said...

Good job and thanks for hosting. Go Green and ... goldish blue, I guess.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Party Girl said...

I agree about the players thanking God, I mean seriously, I don't think He cares.

I agree on Madden, I say stick with the drinking game though.

Pizza, good and greasy. Should be like stoner pizza when you were in your 20's.

Otherwise, I say sit, and smell
testosterone!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

Hey! Thanks for the extra link.
I really should've submitted Blogger Audio, huh?

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger realdebate said...

Superb Job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home