Sunday, November 13, 2005

Glad That It's Over

So I'm pretty much feeling better now. Having a little trouble producing any saliva, but doc says that could be expected given how much swelling I had before.

You all know being sick blows. But it's not all about the physical sickness. Being sick messes with your mind too. There's only so much TV you can watch, or play the same video games over and over. I'd like to give you an example of the depths of my boredom this past week.

This is a picture I took with my phone ( yes, I know, we're like 2 of the remaining 24 people on the planet without a digital camera ). The college football video game allows you to play as mascots from various schools. Sounds like it'd be a good time killer right? Nope. It's pretty stupid. When you're playing with 'people', they at least look different; linemen are big fat guys, runningbacks are short, and recievers are skinny.

In mascot mode, they're all the same. So when I played against the Orangemen, despite being a HUGE round ball, some of them could run pretty damn fast. And apparently, Bucky Badger is left handed. I know most of you are thinking that wouldn't matter in a video game, but it does!

So in short, any amusement that you would think that you'd get by playing a game this way was matched by your amusement just by looking at the picture. Good idea in theory, and looks cute enough, but not worth wasting your time by playing a whole game.

But it was time I had, and in the end, Bucky Badger 63, Syracuse Orangemen 13. Thank God I'm feeling better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home