Monday, November 07, 2005

Not THE One I Wanted, But ONE Nonetheless

So after a lengthy process, I didn't get the promotion I wanted. Instead, I was offered a promotion that I wasn't even aware was available. So it all kinda works out in the end. I really would have liked the job that I had put in for, and think that I would have done a very good job at it. But I am encouraged that they think I can be more useful in this new position. Ray (one of the owners) called me into his office to talk about this week (more on that in a bit), and he then informed me that he had offered the job to Sarah. All indicators were that it was pretty much a coin-flip between myself and her, but a few of the things I was able to accomplish and help out with in the last 2 months gave Ray the idea that he could still promote me, and work in tandem with the position I wanted.

I should find out some more details by next week. It sounds like the new job will still have components from what I do now, but there will be more computer work, and some authority attached with it. One of the examples that we talked about was the new job would help be responsible for overseeing the implementation of a new POS system. So I'm pretty stoked. I really like working for the company, and they've treated me pretty well. Like many jobs in the club, it prolly won't have an exact title, so when I find out more of the job specifics, I'll come up with one for you.

This is actually a really hectic week at work, which is a change of pace from the last six months. I've actually got alot on my plate, with a deadline of Thursday to get everything done. There's a huge meeting on Friday, so basically, I'm doing all the work, and two other people will present all the information at the meeting on Friday. And while this work is directly related to the position I wanted and didn't get, I'm actually happy to do it. Being a lifesaver this week is a good little tidbit to keep in my back pocket.

So not a bad way to start the week. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm back to my map that's due on Thursday.

5 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't get the post, but at least you got something. :o) Good luck with the new position!!

 
At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have no idea how long a "lengthy process" really is.

But, I hear the first pitcher is on you next time! :)

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Nick said...

Congrats ... hopefully its one of those promotions where you get more money... not just more responsibility. Getting the second without the first really sucks.

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Kuflax said...

G- Thanks! Gotta love the AC!

Nort/Nick- as I said, details still haven't been worked out yet, and I have copious amounts of work to do this week, so money won't be discussed till next week... at the earliest.

How's a polite way of saying I won't take the job without more money?

Nort/Willy- And while it was a long time by AC standards, I fully appreciate the fact that they've chosen to do something. I meant no disrespect to your situation, and your dumbass bosses.

 
At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home